By: Dr Jordan Plasker
As 2015 draws to a close, it’s a fabulous time to get a head start on your health goals and dreams for 2016. In my career, I have seen that the only investment that pays true dividends is investing in yourself and your health. Spinal conditions affecting nerves are responsible for hip, back, neck and other problems that get in the way of your health goals, whether it is taking a long walk or running an entire 26.2 mile marathon. Use this time of year to jump start your health, by stacking your 2015 and 2016 benefits.
I invite you to:
1. Use any remaining insurance benefits before the end of 2015. Do not leave this investment untapped; in most cases, you either use it or lose it. This includes Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs), for those of you who have them.
2. Money spent on your health to decrease stress and pain will increase your productivity and help you to think more clearly.
3. Fast. Not from food, but from television and other media. The negativity weighs people down and pulls you into becoming less productive.
4. Learn in areas that excite you, especially in health and spirituality… it will energize you!
5. Exercise to dissipate stress and increase productivity.
With the holidays fast approaching, remember to give yourself and your family the best gift, the gift of health first!
Thank you for allowing us to be your chiropractic family and let’s finish 2015 in a strong, healthy and productive way!